21.2.13

Valentine's Day

Our first Valentine's Day was spent on other sides of the globe. Afghanistan and Spokane. And now our first Valentine that we could spend together, was spent apart. I was in Spokane, again. So we celebrated early.

I decorated the house... I made a felted heart garland.

Untitled #20




This is easy as pie. And made for less than $2.

I also found heart shaped doilies in the dollar section of Target. I strung them with red bakers twine, as well, and hung them with the felt garland. 

I most definitely printed these out and plastered them over the walls. 

And I left him this for breakfast.

For our date, I borrowed our very nice fondue pot from work and we made a huge cheese fondue spread. Breads, broccoli and carrots, steamed artichoke and tart green apples.

For dessert, I made a giant stacked crepe cake. I did this by making an entire batch of smaller crepes, about 4" diameter. Then making a chocolate whip cream for in between each layer. I topped it with a chocolate ganache and fresh strawberries.

Untitled #21


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you