29.5.13

Outdoor Dining

It's been a "heat wave" here in Alaska. It's been almost 80 degrees this week! And before you start to say "see, I told you so" about Alaska let me just say that it snowed inches less than two weeks ago. With that being said we are soaking up every bit of warmth and sunshine we can.

We eat out on our deck every night. Out of our last 5 dinners, 4 have been grilled on the barbecue. I spend every extra dime I can justify on plants. First it was herbs, then it was potted flowers, and now it has turned into a vegetable garden. So addicting.




Last night for dinner we had teriyaki chicken skewers, grilled of course. Cilantro lime rice and steamed edimame- one of our favorites. The drink I made was beyond amazing. So summery and refreshing. Sweet, but not too sweet. A variation of my mom's favorite drink she makes all the time (homemade strawberry lemonade). Even though it's so simple, here is the recipe.

Blackberry Lemonade

1 can of pink lemonade concentrate
2 cups frozen blackberries
any alcohol you choose- optional (Kjirk chose rum, I chose skinny girl vodka)

Prepare the lemonade as usual. In the food processor, place the still frozen blackberries inside and set on low until pureed. Mix together. We added the alcohol in each glass individual for personal preference. The blackberries being frozen helps chill the drink initially and the texture is divine! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you