7.2.12

{Breakfast Yummies}

While working and going to school and the same time and just generally trying to have a life- I stay pretty busy. Actually, life is pretty overwhelming, usually. With my school schedule varying, and being away from home so often, it's difficult to find a way to eat healthy. This quarter I've been trying my best. This recipe has really helped! I can make it on Sunday night and keep it in the fridge to warm up individual slices every morning  before I go to class. It's perfect. It gives me energy with lots of protein and veggies in the morning.



Spinach, bell pepper, suasage breakfast Quiche

1 lb Italian sausage
1 C chopped onion
7 oz. jar drained roasted red bell pepper 
                         OR 1 large red bell pepper, chopped & roasted
9 oz. package frozen spinach- or fresh
1 C unlbeached flour
1/4 grated Parmesan
1/2 tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Basil
8 eggs
2 C milk

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease pan. Brown sausage and onion together. If needed, roast peppers in oven. Line the pan with the browned sausage, onion and peppers. Add the spinach. Mix eggs, milk, salt, basil amd flour together thoroughly. Pour over existing ingredients in the pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Wait 5 minutes. Enjoy!

*Note* For me personally, I half this recipe. That is plenty for me. Last for days in the refridgerator. I also use lean sausage. I use Jimmy Dean low fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you